Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In The Author's Loft - Red Garnier

Hi guys!

Recently I’ve started to interview erotic romance authors that have dropped by to visit me and of course to check out my new work in progress loft. *grin*

So I’ve decided to take advantage of all my buddies during their visits by interviewing them and posting their interviews under a new series heading - In the Author's Loft. I hope you enjoy them.

I'll be posting to my blog, the Moonglade Elite Authors blog as well as my newsletter. Your feedback is appreciated too. Enjoy!

And now without further adieu…here’s our very first inductee into “In The Author’s Loft”.


Interview with Guest Author RED GARNIER

Intro: I’m so proud to introduce to you RED GARNIER. Red writes sexy hot erotic romances for several publishers. Her favorite color is red and she’s a lover of love, laughter and hot steamy sex. She lives with her husband and is a proud mother of two. Recently Red dropped by to visit and we chatted about her books and her private life while we nibbled on chocolate chip cookies and painted the loft’s very steep ceiling.


Jan: Red! I’m so excited to have you here. I’ve heard Ellora’s Cave and Loose ID have published your books. Can you tell me a bit about these sexy releases?

Red: Jan, thanks so much for having me, it’s a real honor! Yes, I’m published both with Ellora’s Cave and Loose ID. I write contemporaries, paranormal, lately even fantasy. Though whatever the genre, you can be sure my books are steamy, sexy reads with a dash of funny and I truly hope people will continue to enjoy them.

Jan: I love your website! http://www.redgarnier.com/ The red cherries and red lips are mouth wateringly delicious. I also noticed you’ve got some upcoming hot releases. What scrumptious details can you tell us about them?

Red: Upcoming in November, watch out for Spin Some More, my fifth EC release. Spin Some More is so fun and so very hot I blush when I think about it. It’s Exotika, the third in The Devilish Games series, and I can’t wait to hear what readers think of it. And for December I have The Sheeman out with Loose ID, a very romantic fantasy erotica that never fails to make my heart go aflutter.

Jan: Your books sound great. I can’t wait to read them. And now how about some personal questions I’m sure the readers would love to know. What is your most treasured possession?

Red: I’d hate to sound boring but I’ll just have to say my laptop. I simply can’t live without it. When I don’t have that creative outlet, my thoughts start driving me insane and I get real cranky. ;)

Jan: Not boring at all, Red. I sure can relate to what you experience. Around my place I’m known for being downright nasty when I can’t get my writing time.

Jan: Red, what do you consider your greatest achievement?

Red: I’m a happy wife and mother, and I have a very satisfying—more like completely out of this world—career, doing what I love most. I feel truly blessed, Jan.

Jan: A Dairy Queen sundae dripping with hot fudge gives me the most satisfaction in life.
What gives you the most satisfaction?

Red: Ooh, I have to say, sugar just makes me happy. All kinds of sugar. Chocolate. Cakes. Cookies. Ice Cream. That sundae you mention sounds absolutely divine.

Jan: lol Then I’m glad I made you eat these chocolate chip cookies. You know, my greatest fear is being trapped in a roaring fire (without my cookies). What’s yours?

Red: I’m such a scaredy cat I don’t even know where to begin. Fires. Storms. Drowning. Accidents. Sharks. Monsters under the bed. You name it, it scares the beejezus out of me.

Jan: Do you have any current works-in-progress? Can you give us a sneak peak?

Red: I just finished and turned in Seven Sinners to my Ellora’s Cave editor. This is an Exotika about seven hot, hot, hot vampires in a wild night of sex and sin. Now onto the next project. It’s still a bit fuzzy in my head but I’m thinking I’d definitely like to tackle a bit of BDSM . . .

Jan: Count me in on the seven hot, hot, hot vampires! Wooohooo! Sounds fantastic!

Jan: It was a cold February Sunday morning in 2000 when I got an email accepting my very first book for electronic publication. For days I walked around in a daze of disbelief…it still hasn’t sunk in that I am a published author. What were you doing when you got The First Call? What book was it? How did you react? And has it sunk in that you are published?

Red: That was such an amazing moment I get jitters just remembering. It was Christmas 2006, just days before New Year’s Eve. I was vacationing with my family and trying to squeeze in a bit of writing time while they slept. Near midnight, I get an email from my now EC editor, saying she loved Spin Devil and wanted to publish it.

Not only that but weeks before, I’d already sent the sequel, Spin it Again, and she wanted to buy it too. I squealed and of course immediately emailed her saying YES! I woke up my hubby and squealed to the top of my lungs and let him squeeze me tight, and for hours afterward I couldn’t sleep. It all still feels like a dream to me. To spend my days doing what I love, get reviews, fan mail . . . yep. I’m dreaming. Please pinch me! ;)

Jan: lol no, I won’t pinch you Red. I don’t want you smacking me and waking me from my dream. I don’t want this excitement to ever end! Tell me, sweet stuff, what are you excessive about?

Red: Books, chocolate and sex. Not necessarily in that order. ;)

Jan: When a writer asks me for advice I usually tell them to keep writing because you haven’t failed until you quit. What’s your advice for aspiring writers?

Red: Definitely, keep writing, keep reading—because reading is a bonfire of inspiration and knowledge for a writer. And don’t compare yourself to others. This always makes you feel lacking in some way because you’re not the same person. Remember no one writes like you do. You’re unique. Let your voice come out, don’t lose it trying to mimic others, and write, write, write.

Jan: Can you give us url info about your newsletter, blog, website, etc…

Red: Sure, I’d love to! I love having visitors.

My website is; http://http://www.redgarnier.com/. To visit my personal blog please go here; http://redgarnier.com/blog/ and I also blog at Six Degrees of Sexy http://sixdegreesofsexy.blogspot.com/ with five other wonderful EC authors. And now at Moonglade Elite, of course. ;) Jan, thank you so much for having me, it has been so much fun! Best wishes to you, and I do hope we get to do this again soon.

Jan: Thank you s so much for dropping by my place for a chat, Red. You’re fantastic with a paintbrush and I look forward to reading your sexy reads and eagerly await your future releases!! Best wishes for a wonderful successful career!


Red Garnier's current release is from Ellora's Cave. Bona Fide Liar in the Torrid Tarot series.
http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419911873

Enjoy!!!

Hugs,

jan



8 Comments:

Blogger Estella said...

Great interview. What a good way to learn about other authors.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Hi Estella!
Glad you enjoyed the interview. Have a good one!

jan

12:29 PM  
Blogger Red Garnier said...

Oh. My. I just have to check out those must-have books. Wait. They're mine. LOL. =)

Jan, I had a fabulous time with you, thank you so much for the interview and I hope we do a repeat soon!

Hugs,

Red

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Me too, Red. See ya soon!!!

jan

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Lil said...

Just read the fun interview. Looking forward to reading Red's stories.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Thanks, Taige. We had fun. :-)

jan

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Hey LLL!

Long time no see. :-)
Me too! Red's books sound intriquingly hot! ;-)

jan

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker