Saturday, October 07, 2006

I'm Diggin' In!



Get your vegetable gardens in!!! Winter is coming! Yeeeeps!

I've been busy since yesterday bringing in my loot for the winter *grin*
This morning I woke up to frost all over the place - I thought I had lost my cabbage but alas it survived *jan wiping sweat from her brow*

Here's my loot at last count:

3 baskets of turnips
2 baskets of carrots
1 basket of beets
1 basket of onions
5 red cabbages
5 white cabbages
6 zuchini

The tomatoes are already canned...I had a good basket of them. The beans are gone - eaten as they ripened on the vine - they didn't do too good this year.
All the loot is now stored in my shed.

Man on man I am wiped! My back is killing me and I just polished off a huge dish of Kawartha Dairy Bar Orange and Pineapple Ice-cream. It was delicious!

Last night I transplanted my rosemary bush - the freaking thing is HUGE!!! So I potted it brought it inside and this morning I found my cat scratching in the dirt ready to use it as his litterbox!!! I was not amused. lol.

Alas I'm heading back outside now to collect the seeds off my cosmos flowers so I will have plenty for next year...

Have a good one!

jan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker