Wednesday, October 24, 2007

In the Author's Loft with Emery LaRue!



Welcome to another edition of "In The Author's Loft".


Recently Erotic Romance Author EMERY LARUE and I had a wonderful chat while munching on chocolate drizzled danishes and steaming peppermint tea as we sat cross legged in front of my cozy electric fireplace at my still to be finished writing studio.


Emery is the founder of the review site “Sensual Reads” and she also writes a blend of erotic romances from sultry to seductive, from paranormal to contemporary as well as suspense. She’s got an absolutely gorgeous site so be sure to visit and check out her hot look at http://www.authoremerylarue.com/


Jan: Welcome to my humble writing abode, Emery. I must tell you that while visiting your site I couldn’t help but notice you’ve been a busy girl with several releases this year. Can you tell us a bit about each one of them?


Emery: The Vamptations Anthology came out earlier this year and my story is titled 'Love and Redemption'. A paranormal romance with two love stories. Vampire brother's, Draven & Logan, find love with Timber & Sahara. This anthology is among my favorites. I love the paranormal.

Crash and Burn also released in April. This is my first book with Whispers Publishing. It is a contemporary about a business man and an erotic romance writer who happen to be on the same plane when it crash lands on a lost island. Being the only survivors, well, things do heat up. I had so much fun with these two characters. The story recieved 4 roses from Sensual Reads as well as 4 Lips from Twolips Reviews.

Flames of Fate also released in August from Whispers Publishing. It is about a cold case detective names Crystal who is asigned to work on a ten year missing persons case. The victim is believed to be dead, but Crystal can't shake the feeling that things are not what they seem.

Nicholas, the missing person in question, is shocked to realize he has been in a state of limbo for ten years. All he remembers is the pain of a bullet to his chest. His only way to communicate with beautiful detective is through flame. Once the shock of it all sinks in, they work together to solve his case.

Now I can't tell you if he is really dead or not. But I can tell you that there is a twist :) The story recieved 5 roses from Sensual Reads, and I can't tell you how thrilled I was with that.

Jan: A well deserved 5 roses, Emery! So tell me, what are you currently working on? Or do you keep your works-in-progress a secret as some authors do?

Emery: I love to chat about my WIP's. If I don't the characters chew me out for not giving them the attention they deserve. LOL. As of now, I am in edits on The Huntress, Book 4 in the Portal Series. It is a series that involves vampires, demons, Greek God's, and lady warriors.

I also am in the process of a long planned contemporary western, Southern Hospitality, and it involves four men and their leading ladies. It will really be like a series all rolled into one book.

Of course I have several suspense waiting to be done as well. I tend to have about 3-4 stories going at a time. That's not counting the several dozen files waiting for me to pull and start. I get an idea for a book, and I start a file on it. It has grown, but I look forward to each one and the adventure I will take when working on them.

Jan: Do you have any releases coming soon? If so, what have you got coming for us?
Emery: My next release is 'The Richest Gift”. My twist on a fairy love story. It is set for November 2nd, also from Whispers Publishing. The Huntress is in progress as well. (Portal Series, book 4). A Touch of Taboo is in edits, as well as Let's Talk About Sex 2: Trudy's Story. All from Forbidden Publications. Information on these books and release dates can be found at http://www.authoremerylarue.com/ as well as http://www.forbiddenpublications.com/ .

Jan: You are a busy woman! What challenges you the most in life?
Emery: I am a single mom of two great kids. A boy 10 and a girl 8. They are my greatest challenge, exspecially when school is out and mom is on a roll at the computer. But I wouldn't have it any other way. They keep it real for me, and interesting to say the least.

Jan: If I had the chance I would love to live in a cozy log cabin with rock fireplaces in every room. The cabin would be set in the middle of a hundred solitary acres somewhere in the foothills of Alberta’s Canadian Rocky Mountains. How about you? Where would you like to live?

Emery: If I could make a wish and live in one place, it would be Scotland. The beauty and the history of the land draws me in. I have so many research books and reference material on Scotland. I love the folklore and the fairy tales. I would want my home dead center of the greenest field, and when I open my door all I would see is land and endless sky.

Then again, I could live in a shoe as long as I was happy and doing what I love. My kids wrinkle their nose everytime I say that to them. LOL.

Jan: LOL. When and where are you the happiest?

Emery: My happiest moments is when the sun goes down, and I set everything aside, crawl into the middle of my bed with my two kids and watch a movie. Eating junk food and laughing, or hiding our eyes at a scary moment, that is when I am at my happiest. They are my greatest joy, and my greatest reward.

Jan: I wish I could play the guitar and fly – not necessarily at the same time. Which talents do you wish you had?
Emery: I wish I could play ANY instrument. It seems everyone in my family has musical talent except me. The fiddle would be my choice. I also wish I could paint or draw. I have a great love for art.

Jan: You make up for your lack of musical talent with your excellent stories, Emery. :-)
What makes you feel safe and secure?

Emery: Again, I would have to say my children and the love and support of my friends and family. Being a single mom, I try to meet the day with the determination to make it a good one. It get's hard, but with my family and friends, I feel like I can face anything.

Jan: Emery, what turns you off? What turns you on?

Emery: LOL...that's a loaded question ! But I will play it safe and say a big turn off for me is just plain and simple rude behavior. (In my day to day life and personal life) I can't tolerate rude behavior. Bad manners is also a big thing for me.
My turn on's would be good conversation and being around people with the ability to make me laugh. Now I said I was playing it safe!

Jan: Oh pooh! I hate playing safe. lol. Can you give us the urls to your blog, newsletter and other neat stuff you’d like for us to know?

Emery:
Jan: What’s your favorite cuss word? I’d tell you mine but I’m not allowed to swear.

Emery: LOL....I have tried to clean up my language. Since my kids grew to an age of repeat what mommy says. Now, my favorite word is DAG NABBIT. No, im not sure why but it sounds alot better around the kids. I also tend to say HEAVENS TO BETSY, but stopped when my daughter asked who Betsy was, and I had no answer.

Thank you for having me!

Jan: Oh dear! Your kids sound great. Emery, thanks so much for visiting me at my studio. Feel free to drop by anytime and best wishes for a wonderful and successful writing career!

Hugs,
jan

2 Comments:

Blogger Estella said...

I love these interviews.
What a great chance to learn about new authors.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Glad you enjoy them, Estella. :-)

jan

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker