Monday, August 07, 2006

The Perfect Storm - Nekkid Men Tour continues!


My apologies to everyone for missing my MEA Blog Day Friday and the subsequent chats with Sensual Reads and Pink Posse...but I have a good reason...

I've always wanted to experience the "Perfect Storm"...and looks like I finally got my wish this past Wednesday night.

The storm hit like with a vengence and with little warning. Huge downpours whipped through cottage country. Wild winds downed thousands of trees and there were wicked forks of silver lightning that I could actually hear sizzling around the house even with the windows closed!!!

I have never been so scared in my life. Words cannot even describe it, so I won't describe it. All I can say is it was BAD!

I ended up without power for 4 days and without a phone for most of a day...even the cell phone was acting stupid. Had to throw all the perishable foods away too. My dad dropped in with supplies and we had a good old time cooking by campstove and sitting outside on the deck by candlelight to watch the bats fly around at night for entertainment. *grin*

I also lost a few trees on my property (log cabin time) and my parents lost several at their cottage too. I have never seen such devastation as I drove along the roads. There were hydro trucks all over the place. Wires down and long lineups for ice at the stores and gas station as folks tried to save their food and got gas for their generators.

The perfect storm ushered in cooler weather and it's been fantastic weather since then.

Here's some articles on the wicked storm...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2006/08/03/storm-ontario.html

http://www.workopolis.com/servlet/Content/fasttrack/20060805/WEATHER05?section=Energy

I'll be back blogging again this Friday at MEA with lots of nekkid men cards to give away to make up for all the blogging and chats I missed. I'm also bringing a surprize prize so don't miss this Friday's Moonglade Elite Blog http://www.moongladeeliteauthors.com

Have a good one!

jan

13 Comments:

Blogger Ann Cory said...

I'm just glad you're okay hon, that is some scary stuff! I'm not a storm girl - I hideaway when there's thunder and lightning. EEK!

At least you had some nekkid men to keep you company, eh? LOL

I'm glad you're back up and running :)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Glad you're okay, Jan. When Mother Nature's in a fury, there's no place to hide and it gets sca-wy!!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Cara North said...

That is a beautiful photograph. i am sure the storm was not much fun but they do make some awesome sights.
Cara

8:36 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Glad you are back and okay! We missed you!!!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Cathryn Fox said...

Jan, that is so scary. We had a thunder and lightning storm last night. Hubby was working and both kids ended up in bed with me. I'm tired today!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Ann,

I'm afraid after this storm I'm joining you with the I'm not a storm girl...it was way too scary this time around...

Bright side, yep, lots of nekkid men to help me keep my mind off the storm. ;-)

Wooohoooo!!!!

jan

12:06 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Thanks, Sherrill.

You are so right! There was no place to hide!

jan, still shaking

12:07 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Hi Cara,

I love lightning pics...as long as they stay in the pics!! lol

This last one was way too wild...it was forking all around my house just like in the photograph...wish I'd had the nerve to grab my camera.

jan

12:08 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Hey Jennifer!

I missed everyone too! I was freaking out when I realized I would miss all my scheduled blog and chats!!!

Glad to be back. :-)

jan

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

LOL Cathryn!

My brother and I used to do that too when my dad was working. We'd climb into bed with my mom.
Times like these will be nice to look upon when the kids grow up and you have an empty nest. :-)

jan

12:11 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

That sounds scary, but also a little fun! Am I sick? :)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Thanks, Emery!

jan

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Nah, you ain't sick, woman. lol
The nekkid men part was fun. ;-)
Woohooo!

jan

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker