Saturday, October 27, 2007

Naegheli - 2001 - Oct. 26, 2007

Naegheli (pronounced Nag-hell-ee)

One of the hardest things in life one has to do is put a beloved pet to sleep.

Last night I had to make a very difficult decision. Let my cat suffer for another two days to await test results that may or may not confirm my vet's suspicions that what he has is treatable (which would cost one thousand + dollars on top of what I'd already spent) just to keep him alive or to put him out of his suffering. I opted for the latter and put him to sleep. My heart broke last night.

The vets had run many blood tests and were telling me it could be this or it could be that....in the end I had to go with my gut instincts that they really didn't know and I figured he wasn't going to make it despite my wanting him to be okay.

My heart is saying no more cats for this girl - I have two more cats (one is Naegheli's twin sister at 6 years old and one is 13 years old) and I will have to go through this two more times. Ugh!

Ohhhh the woeeeees of being a cat lover. :-(

jan

6 Comments:

Blogger Estella said...

Am so sorry about your cat.
I went thru this with 4 cats and 2 dogs in the last year. I still have 1 dog and 6 cats---all of them over 10 years of age.
NO MORE PETS. It hurts too much.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

My heart goes out to you Estella for all your losses. I'm so sorry for what you had to go through.

I'm trying to remember all the fun times we had together but sure is hard not to remember him every other minute today. Sheeesh!

Have a good one,
jan :-(

2:59 PM  
Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

Og Jan, I am so feeling your pain. I'm sorry you had to go through this with your fur baby. I had to make the same tough decision about my fur baby, Chloe,about seven months ago. I know how much it hurts to lose a loved one, whether animal or human. My heart goes out to you.

Alex

4:57 AM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Fur baby! I like that. :-)

Alex, I'm so sorry about your fur baby, Chloe. I guess all our fur babies are romping around together now and looking out for each other. This is kind of comforting.
:-)

Hugs,
jan

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry sweetie - my heart goes out to you. It is a tough thing, but it is also the right thing. Hugs and loving light your way.

~Ann

7:25 AM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Thanks, Ann. :-)
I'm starting to feel better about it now. My nephew is already telling me I should get another one...lol

jan

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker