Saturday, January 07, 2006

Memoirs of a Geisha



Now this was an interesting movie! Those of you ladies with sisters might not want to see the beginning or if you do at least bring some kleenex. The beginning is a real tear jerker...I won't say anything about the ending...don't want to spoil it but the story did have me on edge for the hero and heroine...

A country bumpkin sold into the competitive world of the Geisha...it's emotional, tugs at your heart, it's got drama, backstabbing anger, fantastic scenery, great acting, forbidden love, action and even the selling of a young woman's virginity!!! Truly amazing.

They should have called it the Secret World of the Geisha.

I hadn't realized all that stuff went on...I had thought the geisha were trained in arts and to entertain but I'd never realized how competitive that world would be for the geisha...I kind of want to see it again

Anyways I thought it was a very good movie.

jan, who has to get back to work!

2 Comments:

Blogger gee.ell said...

ooo I've been wanting to see this movie! It sound so good.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Hi Witchy!

It was a real delight! Different than alot of the other ones that are currently floating around. :-)

I think they should have turned it into a miniseries for tv or something...cause alot more could have been explored about this neat world of the geisha.

jan

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker