Friday, June 16, 2006

How are your gardens doing?

How's everyone's gardens doing? Are they sprouting up nice and green?

My potatoes are overflowing but still no flowers on the plants...my beets are struggling though.
Anyone have any rabbits nibbling on your lettuce yet? LOL

I just finished putting up a big chicken wire around most of my garden to hopefully keep the bears out! They have a bad habit of stamping through the garden. Grrrrr.

Some evil cat also demolished my batch of cat nip...okay so it could have been one of my evil cats...just bought some more to replace the ones they destroyed.

Also just picked up a bunch of cosmos and petunia flower plants - they were on sale - oh lordy lordy I don't have any more room for flowers - but I'll make room. *grin*

Ohhhhhhhhhhh and the strawberries are coming out soon...*jan drooling*

jan, off to water her garden

2 Comments:

Blogger Caffey said...

Hi Jan! Sounds like your garden is going great! We don't have one here in the city :( All I remember is having huge ones when growing up and walking through the corn stalks!

I'm not surprised about the catnip. Mine would go nuts too! LOL
Cathie

11:49 AM  
Blogger Jan Springer, Erotic Romance Author said...

Hi Cathie!

Yeahhhh Cathie! Another cat lover!!!! Cats are so squeezable and scrumptious!!

You know what? I forgot to plant corn this year *sad face*...the stalks make such a nice noise as you walk through them eh? And it really sounds neat when the wind blows though them too.

Well, I bought another cat nip plant...so far so good. ;-) Keep your fingers crossed...

Yeah gardening in the city can be tough. I had one in my parent's little backyard. It was a challenge, especially when the water warnings came on due to the heatwaves (last summer) and we weren't allowed to water the garden. I remember sneaking out at midnight and watering it. LOL.

jan

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker